One of the biggest mistakes that newbies make when deciding to enter the world of internet marketing is to spend hundreds of dollars and a huge amount of time promoting products that nobody wants to markets that just don’t want to buy them! Therefore the purpose of this short article is to give 5 tips that will help to increase conversions (and therefore sales) and ensure that you pick the right product and market.
- Always go for a hungry or desperate market. By this I mean a market that has a problem that needs fixing..and fast! You need to use your common sense here but products that help people ease pain(either physical or emotional), loose weight or save relationships are examples of hungry and desperate markets and therefore people who are more likely to buy.
- Only promote products that are popular and have a good gravity. You must put aside personal preferences here. Go to Clickbank and see which products are the most popular and which have a reasonable gravity (greater than 50). Gravity is an indicator of how many other people are promoting the product. If no-one else is then there is a very good reason for that!
- Know your product inside out. Its common sense but the amount of newbies who pick a product without knowing anything about it is staggering. Check out the sales page. Would you buy it? Well you should because how can you recommend it to others if you haven’t tried it yourself.
- Create an effective squeeze page. Never send a prospect directly to a sales page, always create your own intermediate squeeze page. This is particularly important if you plan to use PPC as a method of driving traffic. Your squeeze page should be personal and capture the prospect straight away but never loose site of the fact that the sole purpose of the page is to direct the lead to a sales page so make sure that is crystal clear in your call to action.
- Do your keyword research thoroughly. Keywords that are not relevant, do not drive traffic or that are too competitive will only end up wasting your time and money. So do your research properly. It is well worth investing in a keyword tool to help you do this.
If you stick to these 5 affiliate marketing strategies you will instantly be ahead of a lot of other internet marketing newbies and save yourself a lot of wasted time and money. If you would like to know more then check out this great resource